BIG Equity Investors is an institutional real estate private equity platform that invests in middle market real estate in select high-growth markets across the continental United States. The firm is an affiliate of Basis Investment Group, a commercial real estate investment manager primarily focused on middle market debt and structured equity strategies.
Responsible for acquisitions and asset management for BIG Equity. This includes all activities in support of new investments from inception through disposition, as well as providing support on critical portfolio & fund initiatives. Due to the firm’s small size and fast growth trajectory, the senior analyst can expect significant responsibility and exposure to all aspects of the real estate investment cycle. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Underwrite new investment opportunities using our proprietary property valuation models (utilizing ARGUS and Excel)
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize economic, demographic and real estate market data (rents, expenses, cap rates, etc.) in support of potential new investments
- Gather and analyze capital markets and debt financing options
- Compile and evaluate due diligence materials including market studies, leases, historical operating statements, rent rolls and property condition reports
- Collaborate with MD Investments and AVP on preparing investment committee memos, transaction execution, managing deal closing process and joint venture negotiations
- Review and understand joint-venture agreements and loan documents
- Asset Management:
- Manage day-to-day sponsor engagement for investments which the senior analyst has direct responsibility
- Collaborate with MD Asset Management and JV partners to prepare annual budgets and monthly review of property operations, cash flows and financials
- Upload property-level financials and cashflows into cloud-based database
- Analyze and provide recommendations on new leases and capital projects
- Perform site visits periodically to assess property operations and local market dynamics
- Collaborate with MD Asset Management and JV partners to successfully execute all financings, recapitalizations, and dispositions
- Collaborate with MD Finance & Portfolio Management and JV partners on managing cash, contributions and distributions
- Support capital raising, including presentation updates, data aggregation and analysis, and answering investor questions on transactions you are responsible for.
- BA or BS with concentration in real estate, finance, or accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of commercial real estate acquisitions and/or asset management experience
- Proficiency in Argus and Excel cashflow modeling and preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with both residential (multifamily) and commercial (office & industrial) assets preferred
- Please submit applications and address questions to Gretchen Haughey at firstname.lastname@example.org.