Basis Investment Group is seeking an Associate Loan Officer. The candidate will be responsible for originating Freddie Mac small balance loans and conventional agency loans.
Basis Investment Group is a New York based multi-strategy commercial real estate (‘CRE”) investment platform that originates and securitizes Agency, CMBS and Bridge senior mortgages, invests in subordinate debt including mezzanine loans, B-Notes and preferred equity, and opportunistically buys CMBS tranches including B-pieces & performing & distressed whole loans. With 50+ years of collective debt and equity experience, the key members of Basis management team have originated and closed in excess of $30 billion of CRE investments. Please visit our website (www.basisinvgroup.com) for more information about Basis.
- Primary focus on originating Freddie Mac small balance loans and conventional agency loans.
- Responsibility for loan origination and transaction management, including but not limited to preliminary underwriting, structuring, and negotiating.
- Cross market and source fixed rate conduit loans, floating rate loans, mezzanine loans, and preferred equity investments.
- Prepare initial deal review summaries and preliminary loan analysis.
- Generate term sheets and loan applications.
- Establish strong professional relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Work with other members of the Basis team to underwrite, close and securitize loans.
- Assist legal and closing departments with incorporation of business terms into the loan/ancillary documents and post-closing obligations.
- Ability to communicate and interact with members of credit, servicing, legal and asset management teams at all stages of the origination and closing process.
- Review loan documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong network of broker, borrower and industry contacts with emphasis on Agency and Multifamily.
- 3+ years of experience in the real estate finance industry
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related discipline preferred. MBA Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reis, and CoStar a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong valuation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated worker with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, team setting as well as independently
- Extensive travel required